Last Updated: May 14, 2018
1. Information You Provide to Us
1.1. Information Provided by Customers
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for Onus as a Customer, you provide your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. If you sign up using your Facebook account, we receive your name and email address. After registration, Customers can add multiple delivery addresses to their profile.
- Payment Information. When you add a payment card to your Onus account, a third-party payments service provider receives your card information. To help keep your financial data secure, we never store full payment card information on our servers.
1.2. Information Provided by Prospective and Active Couriers
- Sign Up Information. When you sign up to become a Courier, you provide your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, photo, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We share this information with third-party providers who initiate background check reports on you. Additional information about the third parties who run the background checks is provided in Section 3.2 below.
- Payment Information. We receive Couriers’ bank account and tax information to provide payment and for tax reporting purposes.
1.3. Information Provided by Merchants and Partners
- Profile Information. A Merchant who signs up for our Platform provides us with the business’s physical address, hours, and product information. We also collect product information from Partners.
- Payment Information. We may receive Merchants’ bank account information to provide payment.
1.4. Information Provided by All Users
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that you may send to us, as well as any other information you choose to provide.
2. Information We Collect
2.1. Information We Collect From Your Device With Your Permission
- Location Information When Using the App. In order to facilitate on-demand deliveries, we need to know where Customers and Couriers are located. We receive a Customer’s location information when you open the Onus app as well as when you place an order, to help determine the appropriate delivery address. We continuously collect location information from Couriers who are “on duty,” in order to assist Couriers in finding available deliveries, allow Customers to track deliveries, and other similar purposes. We also use location information for analytics purposes.
2.2. Information We Collect When You Use Our Platform
- Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, the products you search for or purchase, and the dates and times of your visits, to help us understand how you use our Platform, help us improve our Platform, and provide you information about our Platform, our Merchants, and our Partners.
- Call and Text Information. We work with one or more third parties to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Customers and Couriers who are delivering the Customers’ products. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text messages. We do not record or have access to the content of the phone calls.
- User Feedback. Customers and Couriers can rate and review each other at the end of every delivery. Customers are able to see a Courier’s aggregate ratings during a delivery. After a delivery, we may share feedback or comments that Customers provide with Couriers, but we will not identify the Customer. We may also share with Couriers their aggregate ratings.
3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
3.1. Information We Receive About Customers
- Partners. If you make a purchase through one of our Partners that offers delivery via Onus, we receive information about your purchase, including your name, phone number, the product you purchased, and the delivery location.
3.2. Additional Information We Receive About Prospective and Active Couriers
- Background Information on Couriers. Onus works with third-party providers to perform driving record and criminal background checks on Prospective and active Couriers, and in some instances these third parties provide Prospective and active Couriers’ records to Onus as part of the background check process.
4. How We Use Information We Collect From Users
4.1. Uses of Information Collected from All Users
We may use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Platform;
- Analyze how you use our Platform;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments;
- Respond to customer support questions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during deliveries.
4.2. Additional Uses of Prospective and Active Courier Information
Additionally, we use information from Prospective and active Couriers for the following purposes related to the Platform:
- Determining whether to grant a Prospective Courier access to our Platform, and
- Sending emails and text messages to Prospective and active Couriers regarding their Onus sign up, available deliveries, incentives and other opportunities, and additional information about our Platform.
4.3. Additional Uses of Merchant Information
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Merchants to notify them about orders, deliveries, and returns, and for other administrative and marketing purposes, including via text message, push notifications, phone calls, and emails.
5. How Onus Shares Information It Collects From Users
5.1. Sharing between Customers and Couriers
Once a Courier accepts a delivery request from a Customer, the Customer can see the Courier’s first name and last initial and the Courier can see whatever name the Customer provided when signing up. A Customer is also able to see a Courier’s photo. During a delivery, the Customer in some instances is able to see the Courier’s real-time location, and the Courier is able to see the Customer’s delivery address. During a delivery, Customers and Couriers are able to call and text each other. Customer and Courier phone numbers are masked and, only in rare instances, may they be able to see the other’s phone number. As described above, Customers are able to see a Courier’s aggregate ratings during a delivery. After a delivery, we may share feedback or comments that a Customer provides with a Courier, but we will not identify the Customer. We may also share with Couriers their aggregate ratings.
5.2. Service Providers
We share your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, including all of the uses described in Section 4 above.
5.3. Advertising Partners
We work with third-party advertising service providers to show ads for our Platform that we think may interest you after you visit our Platform. These third-party service providers collect non-personally identifying information from you when you visit our Platform and other online platforms. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies.
5.4. Other Sharing
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if we think doing so is necessary protect the rights, property, or safety of Onus, our Users, or the public;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Platform;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service;
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations;
- To provide information about the use of our Platform to Couriers, Merchants, Partners, or potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets, or bankruptcy; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
6. Your Choices
Profile Information. You can update your profile information through your profile settings. If you need to change the email address associated with your account, please contact us via our Help Center.
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings, Customer and Courier location is core to our Platform and without it, you may not be able to successfully use our Platform.
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
7. Third-Party Links
Our Platform may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not have control over. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information.
8. Data Security
We are committed to protecting your information. Even though we take precautions to protect Users’ data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of Users’ data.
9. Children’s Privacy
Onus is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us via our Help Center.
11. Contact Information
|Last Update: May 14, 2018|
|Alcohol & Tobacco||Alcohol and tobacco deliveries may be limited or restricted in some markets|
|Animals and regulated species||Animal parts, blood, or fluids; noxious weeds; prohibited seeds; plants or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction or whose trade is otherwise regulated by law.|
|Child pornography||Pornographic materials involving minors, or content that can be perceived as pedophilia erotica.|
|Copyright media and software||Unauthorized copies of books, music, movies, and other licensed or protected materials including copies without proper attribution; and unauthorized copies of software, video games and other licensed or protected materials, including OEM or bundled software software, or other products enabling unsolicited email messages.|
|Counterfeit and unauthorized goods||Replicas or imitations of designer or other goods; items without a celebrity endorsement that would normally require such an association; fake autographs; currency; stamps, tickets; other potentially unauthorized goods.|
|Devices or techniques for unlocking technical protection measures||Modchips or other devices for circumventing technical protection measures on digital devices, including for unlocking iPhones.|
|Drugs and drug paraphernalia||Controlled substances, narcotics, illegal drugs, and drug accessories, including psychoactive and herbal drugs such as salvia and magic mushrooms and materials promoting their use; or legal substances, such as plants or herbs, in a manner that suggests ingesting, inhaling, extracting or otherwise using any substance or compound from the legal substance will provide the same effect as an illegal drug, compound or substance or that will provide unsubstantiated health benefits.|
|Gaming/gambling||Lottery tickets, sports bets, memberships/enrollment in online gambling sites, and related content. Promotion of offline brick and mortar casinos is allowed.|
|Hacking and cracking materials||Manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment that violate the law by damaging or enabling unlawful access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property.|
|Human parts||Organs or other body parts; body fluids; stem cells; embryos.|
|Illegal/Stolen goods||Materials, products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts; goods you do not own or have the right to sell; goods produced in violation of a third-party’s rights; smuggled goods and goods in violation of export, import or labeling restrictions; motor vehicles subject to transfer restriction; goods recorded on public registers (such as real estate) and whose transfer requires formalities that cannot be legally completed online. You (Postmates Customer) are solely and completely responsible for verifying that all items you sell are authentic and legal.|
|Illegal telecommunications equipment||Devices intended to obtain cable and satellite signals for free, cable descramblers and black boxes, access cards, access card programmers and unloopers, unlawful tools or products to modify cellular telephones, and other equipment deemed unlawful by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or other competent regulatory body in the country in which the goods are offered for sale.|
|Miracle cures||Unsubstantiated cures, remedies or other items marketed as quick health fixes.|
|Offensive goods||Goods, literature, products, or other materials that: Defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors. Defame or slander any person or groups of people protected from defamation or slander by applicable law (such as the protection afforded to the royal family in some jurisdictions), Encourage or incite violent acts, Promote intolerance or hatred, Promote or support membership in terrorist groups or other organizations prohibited by law, Contravene public morality, Promote revisionist theories prescribed by applicable law|
|Offensive goods, crime||Crime scene photos or items, such as personal belongings, associated with criminals or criminal acts.|
|Precious materials||Bulk sales of rare, scarce, or valuable metals or stones.|
|Protected cultural items and artifacts||Material covered by the UNESCO 1970 Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property or otherwise restricted by law from sale, export or transfer; Artifacts, cave formations (speleothems, stalactites, and stalagmites) and grave-related items that are protected under federal laws, such as The Federal Cave Resources Protection Act of 1988, and the Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act|
|Pyrotechnic devices and hazardous materials||Fireworks and related goods in markets where delivery of such goods are ; toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances;gunpowder; explosives, gasoline, propane tanks.|
|Regulated goods||Air bags; batteries containing mercury; Freon or similar substances/refrigerants; chemical/industrial solvents; medical procedures; car number plates; police badges and law enforcement equipment; lock-picking devices; medical devices; pesticides and insecticides; postage meters; passive fitness equipment and electrostimulators; recalled items; slot machines; surveillance equipment that is primarily used to obtain unlawful interception of wire, oral, or electronic communications and/or to facilitate the unlawful view or recording of individuals; goods regulated by government or other agency specifications.|
|Traffic devices||Radar jammers, license plate covers, traffic signal changers, and related products|
|Weapons||Firearms, ammunition, and other items including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas.|
|Wholesale currency||Discounted currencies or currency exchanges; currency backed by precious metals.|
|Primary & Secondary School/Underage Delivery||We have the right to refuse service to all users under 18 years of age. In addition, we have the right to refuse delivery to any locations in or around a primary or secondary school campus.|
|Misuse of Platform/Abuse||We have no tolerance for abusive language and/or abusive behavior towards our company and/or service we provide and/or our employees and/or Postmates (couriers). Any customer deemed at our sole discretion to be abusive to our company and/or service we provide and/or our employees and/or Postmates (couriers) will result in immediate irrevocable account termination without any refund. Threats to sue, slander, libel, etc., are all considered forms of abuse and will result in immediate irrevocable account termination without any refund.|
|Misc. Items||Prepaid cards, gift-cards, passes, monetary collectibles (stamps, coins etc.) all prohibited.|
|Violations of Shipping Policy|
|Onus reserves the right to seek all remedies available for violations of the Shipping Policy, including without limitation,|
|the right to revoke access to our service/ platform|